Can I get HIV from kissing?

About six months ago, I french kissed a woman, but no sexual intercourse whatsoever. I am unsure if I shouod be tested for HIV.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Guru 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not required Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! According to medical literature, HIV is usually not transmitted by kissing and even saliva to saliva transmission. The chances of transmitting HIV in this route is almost zero if they are no open sore on or around mouth. Therefore, it is not required to get tested. However, physical examination is mandatory to confirm suggestion. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!