Can I get HIV after having protected sex?
User rating for this question
dear XXXXXXX i have had protected sex with my gf two weeks before, the status is unknown. later i felt feverish and tested blood test on fever profile. it tested typhoid 1:160 dilution.. and hiv negative (after 2 weeks of exposure). so please comment will i get hiv positive or this typhoid due to hiv infection?
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: you cannot get HIV this way Detailed Answer: Hello, You had had "protected" sex with your gf. So, there are no chances of getting infected with HIV. 1:160 dilution test report for typhoid - is it for H or O antigen? Could you please upload the report if possible, on the right side of this query page? Your HIV test is negative after 2 weeks. I suggest you to repeat the test after 3 months to confirm your HIV status. You do not get typhoid due to HIV infection. Let me know if you have more queries. I shall be glad to help you. Regards,
Follow-up: Can I get HIV after having protected sex? 30 hours later
Hello Dr.Shanthi, thanks for your reply.. i went through tough time on these days... Since HIV and typhoid symptoms are similar... As you advised let me retake the test after 3 months time to ensure the status.. As you requested i have uploaded my lab test report on this portal, please check and advise... now i am taking Ciproflaxin antibiotics as a 7 days course.. now i am in 4th day. still not recovered... please advise for fast recovery..
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: treatment is right Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for uploading the report. I have gone through it. Both Typhoid O and H antigen are at 1:160 dilution. This test is positive for typhoid. Do not worry as it can be treated completely. Ciprofloxacin is the right drug for typhoid. Please complete the 7 days course. Take adequate rest, paracetamol for fever (if you have), drink plenty of fluids and tender coconut water orally. Avoid spicy and oily food. Also, repeat the HIV test after 3 months. Get well soon.
People also viewed
- How to erase spider veins
- Where do we use electrolysis
- An arbitrary blood test done what does the report suggest
- Chances of hiv transmission after protected sex
- What does the culture report indicate
- Done urine analysis for child help with reading report
- Ct scan shows adrenal hypertrophy perfusion anomaly in liver thoughts
- Done cbc test how to increase mch and mcv
- Stretch esophagus for swallowing problem
- Is there risk of hiv after protected sex
- Chances of contracting hiv after protected sex
- Epileptic seizure what to do
- What to do epilepsy fit
- Are there any chances of hiv infection after protected sex
- Is hiv transmission possible after protected sex