Can I exercise while on vyvanse?

General Surgeon
A dose of 70 mg vyvanse taken by a 5'7-152 lbs. 31 yr. Old male in good health at roughly 915 am is interested in exercise and cardio at roughly 1 pm. What is the medical advice for exercise while vyvanse is actively in the nervous system/ blood stream. In other words, exercise is ok? If so at what level of intensity? If not, after how many hours?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Safe if there is no existing heart disease Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Vyvanse is a amphetamine group of drug. Peripheral effects on heart and blood pressure are not significant at routinely used dose for treatment, occasionally causing rise in blood pressure. I would advise you to exercise in the tolerable limit of your endurance. Amphetamine drug usually does not have any major impact on exercise capability provided there is no existing heart disease or hypertension. Wishing you a healthy life I hope you are taking the drug for right indication and with proper prescription from your physician Let me know if you need clarifications. Take care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon