Can I eat apples when I have diabetes? Which foods and fruits should I avoid?

Can I have XXXXXXX if I have Diabetes?
can you send me list of food and fruits I should avoid.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 35 minutes later

Thanks for writing your query.
Yes , you can have XXXXXXX a day even though you have diabetes. This is because XXXXXXX has low glycemic index i.e it releases sugars slowly and will not cause blood sugar levels to rise after consumption.

Foods to be avoided: Bakery products made up of maida, white rice, white bread, sweets, chips, and many processed foods.

You need to avoid carbonated drinks too, avoid potato, sweets available in market.

Fruits to be avoided are - mango, banana, watermelon [though you can have small slice].
You can have XXXXXXX peach, pears, berries, oranges.

You can have food with low Glycemic index and which are high in fiber and protein. They include nuts and seeds, lean meats, seafood, whole grains, and beans. They also include “white food” replacements such as brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and whole-wheat pasta.

Avoid red meat.
Have three meals and 1 or 2 snacks, do not skip breakfast.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Follow-up: Can I eat apples when I have diabetes? Which foods and fruits should I avoid? 7 minutes later
Thanks for a quick turnaround. The answer was of great help.

Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 17 hours later
You are welcome XXXXXXX

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.