Can I drink wine and can I swim the day when I will get 3rd rabies vaccination?

I am going on a vacation. I had 2 rabies vaccinations .I will have my third rabies shot on vacation. Then I will have two more, totaling up to 5 shots Can I drink one or two glasses of wine and can I swim the day I get my 3rd vaccination?
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The vaccination done for rabies is always as preventive measure that is to assure that one do not gets rabies as it is having 100% mortality. The rabies is transmitted by by the actual bite of the rabid dog and human gets infected only through wound. So, there are almost no chances of human to human transmission therefore you can have wine more than 2 glasses as it have no association with that and you can swim when ever you want. just take of your wound so that it do not gets infected if your are bitten by dog

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask