Can I drink my thyroid medicine with lemon and honey?

can I drink my thyroid medicine with lemon & honey. Or I need to keep a gap in consuming thyroid medicine & lemon & honey. And after how much gap should I drink this honey & lemon after taking.
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Thyroid Detailed Answer: Thyroid medicine is best kept away from other food items, including lemon and honey. It is generally recommended to be taken with water 30-60 minutes before any food. Although it can also be taken at bedtime 4 hours after the last meal. This must be done consistently ie adhere to the same routine on a daily basis to ensure steady blood levels of thyroid medication. This will prevent fluctuations and get you the best results in terms of health benefits of optimal thyroid hormone replacement therapy.