Can I drink goat whey protein after a kidney tranplantation?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
can i drink goat whey protein with a kidneytranplant
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can drink in moderation... Detailed Answer: Hi, There is no restriction in drinking goat whey protein after kidney transplant. Limitations in fats, sugary, fried/processed foods are highly recommended. I suggest to avoid concentrate (WPC) forms (due to high levels of lipids, including cholesterol); preferably, you can use (WPI) isolates, where the fat and lactose are being removed. The hydrolysate form (WPH) is the best to be consumed, but it has a higher cost. At the end, as everything comes to a balance, the diet you should follow after a transplant should be balanced as well. All the best Dr.Bardha