Can I do GM diet. Is this good for health?

Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 48 minutes later
 The General Motors diet, was thought to originate from the cardiology department at the Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital in Montreal, Canada, used for overweight heart patients. The hospital urges that this is only a myth. In fact, the Hospital, in 2004, issued a press release to state that neither the hospital nor any nutritionists at the hospital took part in the development of the diet.

The GM diet focuses heavily on eating fruits and veggies, almost to the complete exclusion of other foods. In order for the body to get the nutrition it needs to be healthy, it must have a variety of foods. One type of food group does not supply the body with all the nutrients it needs to maintain a state of good health.

The General Motors diet appears wonderful at first glance. To lose 10-17 pounds in one week is very tempting. But is it safe? When dieting, it is very important to evaluate not only the effectiveness but also safety of the diet.

The GM diet is known by several names. These are the Sacred Heart Diet, the miracle soup diet, the cabbage soup diet, and many others as well. The GM diet is a fad. It basically purports rapid weight loss in a short amount of time. Safe weight loss should be no more than 1-2 pounds a week. The weight lost here is most likely water, too. And when normal eating resumes, the weight is regained. This may result in a yo-yo effect of dieting, losing weight, normal eating, regain, back on diet … over and over again. Not only is this unhealthy, it can be XXXXXXX

Before going on the GM diet, or any other diet for that matter, it is critical to talk with your physician prior to beginning it. It is also strongly encouraged that exercise and increasing activity is part of healthy weight loss.
I personally don't favor such type of diets where you loose heavily in short span of time.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query
Best of luck