Can I contract HIV after touching public bathroom door with blood spots?

Hello, I was using the bathroom at a gas station and as I was washing up, I noticed a few spots of blood on the door handle and around the sink. I have many cracks on my hands due to the cold winter air (but no open or bleeding wounds), and I am afraid that I may have unknowingly touched the blood and been infected with HIV / AIDS either then or when I was urinating (I'm afraid I may have gotten some of the blood on my penis without knowing it). I'm very worried right now. Am I at any risk for contracting HIV /AIDS?
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No risk of HIV/ aids Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query You do not have risk of contracting HIV/ Aids for the following reasons 1. you do not have an open would so the virus could not have entered the blood stream 2. The virus itself is not capable of surviving in the open environment, it would have died immediate after exposure to the environment I hope I was of help to you, if you have further queries please get back to me Regards