Can I conceive without laparoscopic drilling while on metformin and ossure plus?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
hii maa"m i have pcod..and my doctor told me that it is a very severe type....my fsh to lh ratio is 2.79:1. i am trying to conceive...currently i am on metformin and ossure plus..... will i able to get pregmant without laproscopic drilling??
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: ovarian drilling is better option Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Ossure plus contains myoinositol. It helps in regularization of ovulation, in decreasing androgen levels and to improve insulin sensitivity. According to your ultrasound report, FSH and LH ratio, age etc factors, better option is ovarian drilling. Usually ovaries with volume more than 10cm3 need ovarian drilling and medical treatment is not that much effective. Treatment also depends on factors like weight, BMI, menstrual history etc. So, you discuss with your doctor and follow her advice. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.

Follow-up: Can I conceive without laparoscopic drilling while on metformin and ossure plus? 23 hours later
thanku maam does ovaries comes to the normal size after treatment?? my height is 5'2 and wt. is 50 kg.... i am thin...so in my case how many chances are there to get pregnant with the help of medicines???

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Reduction in the size of ovaries is possible Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, usually ovaries will decrease in size after undergoing drilling. Compared with obese women, non obese women with PCOD are poor responders to medicines according to studies. So ovarian drilling is better option in your case. You discuss with your doctor and follow her advice. Take care.