Can I conceive with pod scars in uterus?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I have pod scars inside and outside of my uterus the scars are attaching to other organs like my liver . On a scale of 1 to 10 how XXXXXXX is this and I also have pcos . What kind of damage will it do of I get pregnant? Or can I ever get pregnant?
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: It is hard to determine how XXXXXXX it is without more detailed medical information,but if these scars are caused by endometriosis then this is not so serious,I would say 3 on scale to 10. If this is caused by pelvic infections then it is more serious,5/10. In both cases,it can be asymptomatic for many years,even lifetime,but also some complications may occur such as bowel obstruction or fertility problems. Fortunately this is not very common in young age and majority of women get pregnant and have normal pregnancy and birth. Also, if there is any doubt about bad effect of these scars on uterus,it can be surgically or conservatively managed. So this is treatable if necessary. Liver adhesions dont have some significant effect on pregnancy or any other organ function. The only problem can be if bowel invaginate around these scars and then it can cause obstruction. But this is not something that you should think about at this point. You should just do regular check ups and when you decide to have baby,try it. If there is no success,you should do diagnostic tests to verify exact problem which can be treated then. Only very progressed pelvic lesions can cause damage to both ovaries and fallopian tubes which lead to infertility. There is always option of some other fertilization methods too. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards