Can I become a father with a low sperm count?

Infertility Specialist
hii sir i am AAA my sperm count i 6 ml with 30 % motile it is possible for to become a father in life...?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 1 hour later

You certainly can father a child.

However as the sperm count is a bit low (normal is 15million / ml) and if there is a problem, you can get some help by consulting a specialist.

Hope this answers your query. Should you have any further queries, feel free to post your reply. I will be available to address it.

Dr Nandita A Thakkar
Follow-up: Can I become a father with a low sperm count? 31 hours later
Thanx Madam,

I already consult with one doctor he gave me medicine lyqo d and suggest me continue the medicine 3 months..can avoid sex in odd days.. so this is rght treatment or should i consult someone specialist doctor...
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 11 hours later
Hello and thanks again,

After reviewing your reports, I do not find a serious problem. So you just continue with normal life.

As far as the medication is concerned, try it for 3 months and then repeat the test. We can then decide further based on that report.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer and close the discussion if all your queries are answered. Yet if there are any more queries, I will be available to address them.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Nandita thakkar