Can I be pregnant after taking regestrone ?

Hi I am a 25 year old lady , I had unprotected sex on 15th XXXXXXX 2011 due to fear i had regestrone and did get my period followed by that I also had XXXXXXX tablet for 7 days then had my period and also after that every month with one ar two day difference i would be getting my period normally
My query is can i be pregnant still I am worried as my marriage is nearing and suddenly this worry occured to me as i found myself putting on weight. please help and let me know wat to be done .
PS on Mar I did conduct a Pregnancy Kit test it was negative
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Jayasukrutamma D N 26 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

If you have taken Regestrone and XXXXXXX and have XXXXXXX getting periods every month regularly with one or two days difference after that, with the preg kit in Mar showing negative result, it is very unlikely that you could still be pregnant.

If you still have a doubt, you can repeat your preg kit test now, and see if its negative or not (high probability of it being negative), if still in doubt go to a nearby hospital and get urine pregnancy test done.

I feel your gain in weight could be due to stress of the marriage or eating more. You can control your weight with proper diet control, if you desire, you can get help from a dietitian to control your weight.

I would suggest you to relax, and do a repeat preg kit test, result of which would just relax and calm down your stressed out mind.

Hope this helps you, Wishing you a happy married life, Take care, Have a nice week end.
Follow-up: Can I be pregnant after taking regestrone ? 3 days later
Well in that case Doctor could you please tell me certain steps to reduce my weight... certain nutrition facts
Answered by Dr. Jayasukrutamma D N 1 hour later

Thank you for writing back.

For weight reduction you need to plan your diet with the help of a dietitian or nutritionist. An aerobic exercise like walking (more than 30 minutes, 5 days / week) or Cycling 20 minutes per day should be a good option. I would suggest you to consult a nutritionist. You may also try VLCC and centers like that.

But weight reduction alone will not help and you have to take the medicines too as prescribed by your obstetrician.

Hope this helps you. Take care.