Can I apply eumosome for dark areas on lips?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
my lips are dark over some areas....can provide me any solution..wen i consulted the dermatologist...he asked me usee he asked me use eumosome. Does this have any side effect..weather this will work out. How long will it take to change the color to pink. can u provide me any other solution to change to pink color if there are an
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Oral Lichen Planus or FDE Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would keep a possibility of Oral Lichen Planus OR Fixed Drug Eruption. I would like to gather some more information from you regarding your concern in order to be able to help you better. -Did it appear suddenly OR gradually? -Did it appear after taking some oral medications/drugs like antibiotics, pain killers etc? -If possible upload a clear picture of the area of concern? If i was your treating doctor i would have asked you to apply a moderately potent topical steroid like mometasone once or twice daily (eumosone is a very mild topical steroid and mometasone would certainly work better) which would help in fading away the discoloration gradually depending on how deep it is. take care regards

Follow-up: Can I apply eumosome for dark areas on lips? 13 hours later
Thanks for your reply sir. Gradually it became dark...3 years back i took tablets(21 days cycle tablet) for irregular periods....now stopped it.....previously the color was pink....now only it got changed....can you please provide me a best remedy to change the color back to pink ASAP.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Mometasone+Broad spectrum Sunscreen. Detailed Answer: Hi. If i was your treating doctor i would have asked you to use a broad spectrum sunscreen with protection against both UVA and UVB, on your lips, throughout the day along with, application of a moderately potent topical steroid like mometasone once daily at night which would help in fading away the discoloration gradually depending on how deep it is. take care regards