Can I acquire a STD or infection by merely touching the sexual organs?

I have a situation I would like some advice for. I am a male and I met another man and one thing lead to another. I am new to this type of activity. I was masturbating myself and he was masturbating himself. He touched my testicles a couple of times very briefly (20 seconds) during this activity . He never touched my shaft or head of my penis. I am worried that the hand that he touched my testicles with he may have used to touch himself (I did not feel any fluid from his hand). I am wondering if I put my self at any risk of any STD's. There was no penetration, anal, oral and he never touched the shaft of my penis. I was wondering if he had anything on his hand could it be transfered to me and infect me. I did touch his penis a couple of times but I am sure that I did not touch myself with the hand i touched him with.

In short can you get infected with any STD's, herpes etc.. with this type of activity. Neither one of us climaxed.

Your advice would be appreciated.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 6 hours later

WIth this activity, you do not put yourself at risk of any Sexually transmitted infection at all. Basically there was no "sexual" activity between you two. So relax.

There is absolutely no chance of you acquiring HIV, syphillis , herpes or any other STI with this level of activity.

Just be careful in the future and use a condom.

Practising safe sex has many advantages.

I hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: Can I acquire a STD or infection by merely touching the sexual organs? 7 hours later
Thank you Doctor. I am worried that what if he had an open sore and I didn't see it and then he touched my genitals.... I am worried that he could be transfered something from his hand to my penis and infect me. Also when I had contact with his penis was that an issue?

So you are saying that it is not possible to transfer herpes and syphyllis and other STD's from "someones penis to someones hand and then back to someone elses penis"? Genital to hand to genital contact.

Just want to make sure. After this response this will be my last question so
I thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 15 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

Yes, a trivial contact like that does not transfer STI (sexually transmitted infection).

A direct mucosal or breached skin contact is necessary.

But theoretically speaking, it may be possible.

Though the chances are very very very slim.

If you are very anxious, you may get screening tests done ( HIV, Hep B , HepC, Syphilis). Repeat HIV after 6 weeks.

This will help alleviate your anxiety.

I hope I have answered your query.