Can Hydrocortisone cream be used when suffering from bacterial vaginosis

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hello. Yesterday I was diagnosed with BV and I am. On a course of antibiotics. Am I allowed to use 1%hydrocortisone cream to help relieve the pain or is this going to upset the conditions of that area?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to HCM Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Mild steroid creams can be used in cases of bacterial vaginosis and it will reduce pain and irritation. It will not affect the direct cause of BV,but this is symptomatic therapy commonly used and it wont have bad effects if used together with antibiotics. Just use it in recommended dosage. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards