Can Hodgkin lymphoma be cured by chemotherapy?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi Please suggest me the best oncologist at Cmc vellore My mom had a biopsy.they gave in notes as low grade b non Hodgkin lymphoma that cannot be excluded. Now they refrerred to haematology.does that mean she has confirmed cancer.earlier in Orissa she was detected with TB,but in vellore Tests,TB was not found.please suggest.i need real help?can my mom be cured by chemotherapy if she is found at stage 1 or 2
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be cured Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. Meet Dr XXXXXXX or Dr XXXXXXX in oncology department. I guess their op is on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. It could be cured if treated early. Wishing her all the very best Dr Arun
Follow-up: Can Hodgkin lymphoma be cured by chemotherapy? 11 hours later
Thanks dr XXXXXXX can you please suggest me as to how to get early appointment from dr XXXXXXX or dr XXXXXXX can i use any reference to get it can understand my situation.can i contact they have a haematology it very important to have the appointment with the specialist or any haematologist is fine ,who will detect the stage of lymphoma for my mom.
Answered by Dr. Arun 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: I dont have any direct reference Detailed Answer: Hi Would like to help you, but I don't know these oncologists personally. It's through other friends who told me about them. You can contact 0000 for appointments with cmc oncology. I think the whole team is excellent. You just need to meet someone. They are well organised and all patients will be under excellent care. Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: Can Hodgkin lymphoma be cured by chemotherapy? 34 minutes later
Can i go ahead and book appointments with either dr XXXXXXX or dr XXXXXXX even before haematology is done,just to ensure we get the dates early.the haematologist appointment is on 31st december.please suggest
Answered by Dr. Arun 10 hours later
Brief Answer: sure Detailed Answer: Sure go ahead and see oncologist. It should help definitely. Regards Arun