Can HIV infection spread through rash on pubic area?

hi doc I had a protected sex with a sex worker in asia last week. what concerns is the rash (just a few spots, no one cut) on pubic area due to pubic shave (shaved two days before) I am wondering would the hiv get into my bloodstream through this? More, when showering, the sex working cleaned her vagina first then helped me clean my penis and anus with new extra soap. would i get infected with HIV through this? I am really worried. And recently, i got flu like symptoms ( tired, feeling hot (fever like)). I am so scared. Please tell me my status! much thanks
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: HIV screening, getting HIV though rare with protec Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, The circumstance you describe make the possibility of transmission extremely difficult. In case the sexual intercourse was actually well practiced,with a good condom, which really did not rupture during the process, it would be extremely rare and difficult for you to contract HIV as such. The only condition under which the rash in the pubic area could act as entry point of HIV would be only if you had contact with body fluid from the lady (a wound, vaginal fluid). This is however, from your description really a difficult and rare reality. It is not every flu that should make one think of HIV. However, flu like symptoms are experienced after infection with HIV in some cases. IN your case, you might not have to worry. If you experienced these symptoms after a recent risky sexual exposure, you would do an HIV screening. The circumstances described, in my opinion, does not actually make a case that you would have contracted HIV after such a protected sexual relation and under these circumstances. I suggest you can do an HIV Screening just to know your health status, not actually because if this incident. It is rare however that this should be a probable source of infection in this case. Though rare, its a good thing to get it done. Kind regards. Dr Bain
Follow-up: Can HIV infection spread through rash on pubic area? 21 minutes later
Thankyou doc I have question about your opinion on the rash. Do you mean if my rash have contact with the vaginal fluid, i m still under exposure? I have read other material saying that HIV is a very fragile virus, once its exposed in the air, its inactivate. I am really worried if the fluid get contact with my rash and get infected. More, does the soap kill HIV or inactive HIV?? thankyou very much!
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: HIV is fragile, but death of virus is not immediat Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, You are right with respect to the fragility of the virus when exposed to air. However, there are viral strains today that could resist exposed air for over 10 minutes. Death of the virus is early when exposed and not immediate. Most soaps have antiseptic actions. Some soaps are however more potent than others. It is not a guarantee however, that when soap is used, the virus is killed immediately. It depends on the soap type and manner of application of it is appropriate. there are recommended antiseptic solutions made specially and specifically to deal with viruses. Soaps generally inactive the virus. Killing of the virus is guaranteed by other special solutions. Thanks and kind regards. DR Bain