Can Diabetes, Hypertension and high triglyceride causes cloudy, blurred vision in eye?

I am 66 and have had cloudy, blurred vision in my left eye for several months now. I have had a diabetic eye exam and nothing was said about the condition. I was given a new prescription for glasses and told to come back for eye "dot exercises"...
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: see detail answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX As you have multiple metabolic problems, like Diabetes, type 2, Hypertension, High Triglycerides, your risk of getting eye complications increases. It is good that you have good control of Diabetes. Usually complications of Diabetes increases, if it was diagnosed late, and management didn't start at right time. All above three diseases are silent diseases, and usually it is diagnosed late, but these conditions already start affecting adversely small blood vessels of Eyes, Kidneys etc. Smoking also increases the risk factor for Micro-vascular complications of eyes. I hope you have seen Eye specialist for your symptoms, not optician. Dot exercises are done to improve the sight . It is not specific exercises for blurred and cloudy vision. I would advise you to discuss frankly with your eye specialist, and know the exact findings. You must also be under constant supervision of your physician, who will make sure that you have tight control of Diabetes, Hypertension and cholesterol as well. Hope you have got your answer. For any further query, with more details, you are most welcome. Dr H Hamdani