Can Dexilant HCL and Prilosec cause false positive results for cannabis?

I tested positive for cannabinoids (LapCorp) -- I do not smoke/ingest. However, I have been taking Dexilant HCL (60mg) and Prilosec OTC; would these produce a false positive result? I am very distressed from this outcome, and if true would be likely to test positive again upon retest.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: false positives are possible Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic It is understandable to be upset. False positive results can occur with the use of some medications. The family of medications that you are currently using, the proton pump inhibitors, for GERD can sometimes cause false positive results for cannabis. This is most common with protonix (pantoprazole) but it is possible with the ones that you are using. If a result is suspected to be a false positive result then more accurate testing methods can then be used. There are testing methods available that can confirm or deny initial results.This test is the GC- MS testing method. This stands for gas chromatography /mass spectrometry . It is essentially a combination of two testing methods and is used in presumptive positive results. If this method is used in the follow up test, the result will have a much higher chance of accuracy. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions