Can Dexilant HCL and Prilosec cause false positive results for cannabis?
User rating for this question
I tested positive for cannabinoids (LapCorp) -- I do not smoke/ingest. However, I have been taking Dexilant HCL (60mg) and Prilosec OTC; would these produce a false positive result? I am very distressed from this outcome, and if true would be likely to test positive again upon retest.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: false positives are possible Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic It is understandable to be upset. False positive results can occur with the use of some medications. The family of medications that you are currently using, the proton pump inhibitors, for GERD can sometimes cause false positive results for cannabis. This is most common with protonix (pantoprazole) but it is possible with the ones that you are using. If a result is suspected to be a false positive result then more accurate testing methods can then be used. There are testing methods available that can confirm or deny initial results.This test is the GC- MS testing method. This stands for gas chromatography /mass spectrometry . It is essentially a combination of two testing methods and is used in presumptive positive results. If this method is used in the follow up test, the result will have a much higher chance of accuracy. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
People also viewed
- Intracranial hypertension alcohol
- Inhalation of paint fumes
- Indigestion with severe mid to upper back pain
- Evion 400 benefits dose
- Prilosec cause amenorrhoea
- Cause of indigestion and bloating dexilant
- Does dexilant cause yellow stools
- Can prilosec cause gastroparesis
- What is the benefit of evion 400 mg
- Miprogen 400 mg capsulas side effects
- Infected mole from plucking hair
- Can i take evion 400 with vitamin c tablet
- Vitamin c evion 400 capsules for skin?
- Inflammation palm pain