Can Cypon syrup be given to a child who does not eat? Any side effect?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
my 3 yr old kid doesn't want to eat in the morning. should i give him Cypon syrup. will it have any adverse effect?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Hello ,
Cypon syrup contains cyproheptadine commonly used as an apetite stimulant.
Common sideeffects include Blurred vision; constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth, throat, or nose; excitability; nausea; nervousness; etc.
Please remember that medicines are best avoided in young children hence always consult a paediatrician before giving any medicine to your child.
Young children commonly have many feeding problems which gradually resolve as they grow.
Hope I have answered your query.