Can Cymbalta and Lamactil be taken together?

I would like to know if I can take cymbalta lamactil together in the morning and Zoloft with pristiiq at night?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Manisha Gopal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is ok but take precautions Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to HCM! I have read the query and your medical history which you have provided. From my clinical experince I can tell you that you may take Symbalta along with lamactil. few thing to be kept in mind are-- 1. it may cause sedation, dizziness (lamactil does it) so, keep away from diving for few days, this usually weans off 2. can lead to cognitive difficulties ( uncommon side effect ).. 3. if you are taking lamactil for first time, please see if you develop any rash or itching--- then just stop it. Now, reagrding Zoloft and prestiq use at night- it is Ok. But I cannot understand why you are on three antidepressant for at one time?? is not required in most cases.... ##Had I been treating you, I would have gone like- lamactil and prestiq at night ( as lamactil is sedative) and Symbalta and Zoloft in day time . you can discuss this with your treating doctor. Hope the reply is useful Please feel free to ask more questions for clarifictaion Dr. Manisha Gopal MD Psychaitry
Follow-up: Can Cymbalta and Lamactil be taken together? 15 minutes later
I am already taking cymbalta and lamactal in the morning. Is it ok to take lamactal and pristiq witch I am on already at night but can I add Zoloft in the morning with cymbalta and lamactal or at night
Answered by Dr. Manisha Gopal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Zoloft+ cymbalta-daytime; lamactil +prestiq- night Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes, you can add Zoloft & Symbalta in day time. if possible-- shift lamactil at night time with prestiq. Hope this helps you If there are more questions for clarifictaion, I will be pleased to answer them Dr. Manisha Gopal MD Psychiatry
Follow-up: Can Cymbalta and Lamactil be taken together? 3 hours later
I take lamactal and cymbalta in the morning right now I also take lamactal and pristiq at night. At which time of the day or night may I add the Zoloft?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Gopal 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Add Zoloft in morning & continue with rest as such Detailed Answer: hello, You should take Zoloft in day time along with other two medicines which you are already taking; continue with night medicines as they are. ## keep a check on blood pressure, dizziness, uneasiness, confusion etc., as you will be on three antidepressants and there can be side effects ( serotonin syndrome)- can consult this with your treating doctor. Hope the reply is helpful for you Dr. Manisha Gopal MD psychiatry