Can Corcium be given instead of Shellcal during pregnancy? What are the side effects?

My wife is 22 weeks pregnant and has been prescribed Shellcal 500 mg . Since it is not available, can she take 2 x Corcium 225 mg instead ? This was given earlier (13 weeks) at 1 x 225 mg dose. Are there any side effects at this dose ?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, She can take it, as both contain calcium. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your question. Yes, Corcium can be taken as it contains calcium, and shelcal also contains calcium. Check and make sure that the tablet contains calcium, and once you are sure about the contents, she can take it. 2 tablets of corcium would add up to 450 mg, that wouldn't be too less, so, I don't see any problem in taking either. Hope this answers your question Wishing your wife a safe pregnancy. Regards.