Can Clomid affect pregnancy test?

Okay, so I intellectually know that it sounds like I'm pregnant but need to be helped in understanding if Clomid can effect my pregnancy tests. I started the clomid cd 5-10 and on the cd 15 i had an LH surge and had a vaginal ultra sound and it showed that the thing holding the egg was about to release. Then a week later on cd 22 I had blood work and it showed I ovulated. On CD 27 I took a pregnancy test and it was positive...I've take a lot more and alllllll have come out positive and I would be on cd 36 which is roughly week 5. My doctors office says congrats but it is crazy and I'm scared that I'm really not and the clomid is playing tricks on me. CAN it??? I have achy breasts, tired, and can cry a bit easier than normal (really am an easy crier to begin with but today just had water works) Please help!!! My doctors office says no need for a blood test and they set up an appointment with me for my 11th week.
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 35 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your questions.

Based on everything you are telling me, you are definitely pregnant. If you need formal confirmation, given everything you have gone through to get pregnant, it would seem reasonable to offer you at least one quantitative HCG level. I would call your doctor and kindly request it!

Clomid can NOT produce a positive pregnancy test result. You are clearly pregnant!

Congratulations and good luck!