Can CJ disease be cured in Ayurveda ?

Currently my father is suffering from CJD age 52 ,which has been Confirmed by brain surgery,Doctors say they cannot cure it as they have no medicine available,Can it be cured by Ayuveda
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later

I presume that the diagnosis of C-J disease was made after a brain biopsy with the help of a neuropathologist.

Current treatment for CJD is aimed at alleviating symptoms and making the patient as comfortable as possible.

Opiate drugs can help relieve pain if it occurs, and the Benzodiazepine group of drugs help to relieve myoclonus.

Other symptomatic treatments are done according to the need.

In Ayurveda, there are plenty of drugs which can enhance cognitive function of brain or retard the progress of dementia but it is difficult to bring back the bladder control or other voluntary muscles control if they are already lost in the disease process.

Still you can give it a try for your father as the extent of improvement varies with the patient.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Wishing your father a good health.

Follow-up: Can CJ disease be cured in Ayurveda ? 1 hour later
Which hospital will be suitable for this treatment
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

You will have to search for an ayurveda specialist near to your place.

To find a good specialist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor.

You can search for a doctor in your area by using the URL link WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope my answer is helpful.

Wishing your father a trouble free speedy recovery.