Can Bystolic and Amlodipine be taken together?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I was told to stop losartan that I take in the morning and substitute Amlodipine to see if it will help the constant coughing. I am to take a second Amlodipine during the day. Can I take it with my Bystolic at night or continue to take it at 2:30 pm (like I have been doing already)?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. You should take it like you ve been taking already and it is not recommended to take these 2 at the same time without consulting your doctor as it could cause hypotension. So just take amlodipine at 2:30 and see will it have less side effects than losartan. WIsh you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards