Can Berberine and insulin be taken together?

How does the supplement ,Berberine, mix with insulin?
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more details Detailed Answer: Hi. I am Dr Saumya Mittal. I am going to try and help you with your query. However I need to know the exact condition you have so that I can give you a suitable response. Please do let me know the details. As for berberine, it is better not to mix it with insulin. It has certain additives that may change the release pattern of insulin. You can take them at the same time, but different routes Awaiting your response Dr Mittal
Follow-up: Can Berberine and insulin be taken together? 30 minutes later
Actually I don't 'mix' the two but take Berberine as a capsule separate from the Novalog pen. I was primarily curious if they worked together or the Berberine interfered. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You can use them together Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for the clarification. Yes the two medicines can be taken together. But they have two very different uses- one for heart failure, the other for diabetes. And no, as of known record, theydont interfere with each other. However keep a regular check on sugars using a glucometer. Best of luck I would be glad to answer any further queries Dr Saumya Mittal