Can Barrett's esophagus, sore throat and hoarse voice be indications for cancer?
User rating for this question
I was diagnosed with Barretts 2 years ago lately my throat is always sore, my voice is hoarse in the mornings, and I cannot eat bread. meat.and a variety of other foods without feeling like they are getting stuck. Raw fish is one of the only foods that is comfortable to eat. Do you think that it could be cancer or that my Barretts ids becoming more severe?
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: These are due reflux of stomach contents Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Sore throat, hoarse voice and swallowing difficulty are due to regurgitation of the stomach contents(reflux of acid).These symptoms subside by using anti reflux medications -0meprazole (Prilosec) or esomeprazole (Nexium).To be taken under medical supervision. Barretts is clinically benign and in my experience I have hardly come across cancer due to barrett's. In addition to this studies reveal that progression to cancer is uncommon for any individual patient with Barretts.Studies that follow patients with Barrett's esophagus reveal that less than 0.5 percent of patients develop esophageal cancer per year. Furthermore, patients with Barrett's esophagus appear to live approximately as long as people who are free of this condition. Hope this answers your query.Keep us posted for further queries. Get well soon.
People also viewed
- Hoarse voice without sore throat
- Pentasa granules side effects
- Sore throat or throat cancer
- Hoarse voice no sore throat
- Why does semon turn brown after colonoscopy
- Esophageal cancer sore throat
- White stringy stuff in stool after constipation
- Cough sore throat hoarse voice
- Butalbital apap side effects
- White stringy tissue with bowel movements
- Frauenmantle extract side effects
- Cryselle 28 side effects
- Epo shots side effects
- White blood cells found in feces
- Yellow jelly anus mucus