Can B12 medicine prescribed for restless leg interfere with blood sugar levels?

Yes, I recently suffer from restless leg and B12 was recommended, I am also type 2 diabetic, does B12 interfere with blood sugar levels? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: No B12 will not affect blood sugar Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX You have diabetes type II. Here in long standing diabetes we often find vitamin B12 deficiency. However B12 level will not affect blood sugar level. Some drugs used for diabetes may interfere with absorption of B12 and cause it's deficiency leads to peripheral neuropathy which cause tingling and numbness in feet. Supplementation of vitamin B12 with good control of blood sugar level helps in neuropathy. I would like to know how long are you been suffering with diabetes and what is your current blood sugar level and HbA1C level. Hope this information helps you. I will be available for clarification if any. Regards. Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.