Can Avelox helps in treating Appendicitis?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Just wondering if Avelox can treat Appendicitis , is some cases ?
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Avelox is a broad-spectrum antibiotic meaning that it is active against a range of bacteria. These bacteria can be the cause of serious infections in the abdomen and can arise from a perforated appendix following appendicitis. Therefore, Avelox can be used in the treatment of this complication of appendicitis but it is not used to treat appendicitis itself. The treatment of appendicitis is removal of the appendix (appendectomy).
I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,