Can Ambien be crushed for easier swallowing?
User rating for this question
Can you crush ambien so it is easier to swallow
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes you can crush Ambien Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing XXXXXXX for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Ambien is actually zolpidem and it can be crushed. The only change would be that it will start acting faster than it should actually do as there is no need for the out layer to get dissolved and the other difference being the taste. The outer layer makes the tablet tasteless, otherwise the taste is not very pleasant. But still if its difficult to swallow, you can crush it and the efficacy will be similar. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- How to treat depression associated memory problems
- Flomax and ambien
- What is the ideal dosage of tussinex
- Pristiq and ambien
- Peptides and amino acids
- Does panic disorder cause faster heart beats and dizziness
- Utovlan to delay period
- Is difficulty swallowing a side effect of ambien?
- Otic drops in eyes
- Sildenafil citrate tablets 150
- Aspirin from salicylic acid
- Can ambien be crushed for easier swallowing
- Is difficulty swallowing a side effect of ambien cr?
- How to differenciate between a ptsd flashback and dementia
- Will antidepressants help in weight loss and sleep