Callus on toe. Can use pumice stone?

Callus on my toe? :

I've recently noticed a callus on my right large toe. Here are a couple of pictures of it.

It doesn't look like a mole or anything to be concerned w/ IMO. But I wanted someone to take a look at the pics and see what they thought. If it is a callus, then I assume I could get a pumice stone and some kind of over the counter agent to help loosen it?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 9 hours later

It indeed is a callus or what we call frictional dermatitis. It is not a mole at all or anything to be worried about.

As you rightly said you can get a pumice stone and gently rub it during bathing and use OTC products containing urea/salicylic acid. This will help in loosening the thickened skin and you will be fine.

Hope I have been helpful. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

Enjoy good health.