Callous like bumps under the feet. No itching and pain. What could this be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have 6 callous like bumps in a half moon shape on the underside of my foot, on the outside edge. It doesnt itch or hurt at all. Any idea what this could be?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 13 minutes later
The hard callous like bumps on the underside of the foot are likely to be a keartinised layer of epithelium at the pressure points of the foot. It is a benign growth and can be removed with a regular pedicure. Since these are not associated with pain, surgical removal is not needed right now.
You can avoid aggravating these lesions by using a soft sole footwear.
In case the lesions become enlarged or are painful, then you can discuss the possible treatment options with your dermatologist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.