Called twice for ultrasound. Normal?

General Surgeon
I had an 5 week ultrasound yesterday and they doctor was not able to find the baby, he said it was too early and wants me to come back in a couple weeks is that normal? or am I not really pregnant?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 9 minutes later

In some cases of early pregnancy Fetal node & cardiac activity is not detectable by five weeks even by trans vaginal ultrasound .So repeat ultrasound is done to confirm viable intrauterine pregnancy after a week or two. your doctor is quite right & right advise has been given to you.So don`t worry wait for two weeks & get repeat ultrasound .It is a normal procedure in medical practice.pregnancy can be confirmed by urinary test and viable intrauterine by ultrasound
Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.