Calcified granuloma in right lobe of liver. CT-KUB done, shows mild low position of kidney. Cancerous?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
what are the causes for calcified granuloma in right lobe liver? will this lead to cancer. CT-KUB WITH CONTRAST has shown calcified granuloma in right lobe liver and mild mall rotation and mild low position of right kidney
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 19 hours later
The commonest cause of a calcified granuloma is an inactive parasitic lesion. Other causes may be infective granulomas. The chances of it being malignant are extremely less. The CT findings which you have described suggest anomalies of development of the kidney.
As I believe that more information can help a physician arrive at an accurate diagnosis, I would request
you to answer the following questions:

Did you have symptoms of giddiness or convulsions in the past?
Do you have any history of liver infections or febrile illnesses?
What symptoms prompted you to do a CT KUB.

Awaiting your reply.
I hope I have answered your query.