Caesarean section done. Suffering from diarrhea, bloating and pain around scar area. What's wrong?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
I had my 3rd c section in Nov 2012. 2 weeks post op I had retained products left from the procedure. Since December I suffer from diarrhea, stomach bloating, area of scar very tender then starting today left flank extremely sore to touch. I just haven't felt right since the birth of my 3rd child in nov 2012. thanks
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
welcome to XXXXXXX

As your problems have started after the CS surgery,

You need to get abdominal ultrasound done to look for any underlying collections ,or any infection.( especially sine you mention tender scar after nearly 10 weeks of surgery).
Did you have a follow up with your OB doctor after these complaints?

The other possibilities if the OB rules out any related conditions

1 stress gastritis - can happen after surgery

2 ureteric injuries during surgery also to be ruled out

So please consult your OBG doctor !
Good luck
God bless
Dr Uma