Caecal carcinoma, metastatic around bowel lymph node. Is there any chance of getting cured?

Dear Doctor,
We are in China. I heard about my cousin got ileocecum mucious adenocarcinoma. Our number of famlies are very worried about him. I send to you the detail about his Clinical diagnosis. His wife heard the doctor said the serious level is like begaining of terminal level. That's why the famliy worried. I would like to ask is there have any best way or any chance could be complete healing?
This is his Cases image analysis report:

Name: XXXXXXX Gender: male Age: 43 years old

Clinical Services: spectrum The number of hospitalized: Y0000

Inspection date: 2012-1-18

Send the Documents: go back to the blind and the right and colon cancer

Clinical diagnosis: caecal carcinoma

The pathological diagnosis:
General: a part of intestinal canal, 18 cm long, 7.5 cm long ileum, diameter 2.5 cm, 10.0 cm long colon, 4.5 cm in diameter
In the ileocecum a visible lump, size 6 cm × 9 cm x 3.5 cm, the centre of lump there is already necrosis, cross-section are pale, texture hard brittle,
ileocecum membrane surface propeller did not see the appendix structure.

1. (ileocecum department) mucus adenocarcinoma emplacement, all of the bowel wall around to embellish of adipose tissue, visible in vascular tumor emboli.
2. At front, the cut ends has not seen the cancer.
3. Around bowel lymph node visible metastatic cancer 6/8.
Thank you very much Doctor!
Yours Sincerely,
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later

Thanks for wrting.

The report you have sent is suggestive of stage III colon cancer. There are deposits in lymph glands, because of which it is stage III. I would like to know the CT scan report which will tell us if it has spread to any other sites like liver. That would make it stage IV and incurable.

The treatment till now are as per the guidelines. As of now he needs adjuvant chemotherapy for around six months. Following that he needs to be on lifelong followup. Long-term survival without recurrence is around 60-70%.

Hence there is nothing to be so worried at this point. Go ahead with the chemotherapy with a positive frame of mind.

I shall be waiting for the CT scan reports to advice further.