CTscan showed benign lytic lesion and venous lake, divots on head, no headache or vision problems. Answers?

Hi I had a ct scan and the found a benign lytic lesion and a venous lake. I have 2 divots on the top of my head where I discovered my sun glasses sit on top of my head for 3 to 4 hours a day. I have no headaches or vision problems. I have to wait until Tuesday to see the dr and am spending the weekend worrying. Can you give me any answers?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
The presence of divots on the head is usually a benign shape of the skull that is present since birth. If there is no change in their size or shape then there is nothing to worry. Sunglasses cannot cause such depressions as the skull is a very hard structure to be affected by such small things.
A benign lytic lesion in the skull at your age can be a simple bone cyst or hemangioma or a calcified lipoma. Further investigations will help in determining the exact cause. In most of the cases these remain like that lifelong and no treatment is needed.
Definitely I would reassure you saying that there is no major health concern with you. Do not worry. You should be fine soon.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Follow-up: CTscan showed benign lytic lesion and venous lake, divots on head, no headache or vision problems. Answers? 53 minutes later
I had a previous ct about 9 months ago and it was not noted then. Do you still think I could have had it then and it was missed? And do you still think there is nothing to worry about?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Since these have been diagnosed as BENIGN lytic lesions, there should not be anything to worry. You just wait till tuesday for your scheduled appointment.
Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.