CT scan showed stable liver cyst. Focus of diminished attenuation right pelvis. Reason for concern?

I recently had a f/u Ct scan with contrast done of my abdomen to monitor a cyst on my liver. The report indicated that the cyst is stable. However, the report also mentioned that the pelvis shows no sign of ascities and the urinary bladder is grossly unremarkable. My concern is that the report also indicated "focus of diminished attenuation right pelvis measures 1.9 x 1.7 cm." In the radiologist's impression, this is not mentioned again, nor is any follow- up indicated. Isn't this finding a reason for concern that would require more follow-up?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
A focus of diminished attenuationin right pelvis measuring 1.9cm x 1.7cm is most likely indicative of your normal right ovary. Any abnormal finding is always mentioned in the impression of radiologist.
You need not worry. Increased attenuation is more pathologically significant than decreased attenuation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.