CT scan showed parietal bone fracture with left SDH with SAH. Any advice?

Nov 2013

Hi Sir,
My brother met with accident and CT-brain concludes that XXXXXXX RTA with right and left parietal bone fracture with left SDH with SAH,,,,,No vomiting and patient is normal and conscious but feeling headacheplease advice on the next steps
Posted Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 25 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on the description, it seems to be a mild to moderate head injury.

As he is conscious, there is no need to worry.

Regarding treatment, if the fracture is depressed (pressing on the underlying brain), it would require surgery. If it is not depressed, surgery is not required.

Regarding SAH and SDH (these refer to different types of bleeding in the brain), surgery is required it they are big and causing mass effect on the brain, otherwise, one has to wait and watch.

He should be monitored in the ICU, and carefully observed.

Please get back if you have anymore queries.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM XXXXXXX consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Follow-up: CT scan showed parietal bone fracture with left SDH with SAH. Any advice? 42 minutes later
Hi Sir,

Uploaded the discharge summary sheet treatment given for 12 hrs ( last night 10:30 to today morning 11 IST hrs)
we have requested for discharge from hospital as he is not willing to stay at hospital at any cost and now he is taking rest at home
but we dont want to take risk and planning to consult consultant ,
please let me know your availability tomorrow
In case if surgery needs ,what could be the cost ,,the reason why am asking is he doesn't have any insurance ( i took insurance for him today afternoon )...

please suggest me the best sir
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for getting back.

I have gone through the discharge summary.

I would be pleased to see your brother and offer my medical advice. You can XXXXXXX me at Apollo Hospital, Jubilee Hills branch between 11.30 am and 3 pm tomorrow (please call 040-0000/0000 for more details).

If surgery is required, it usually costs 1-1.5 lakhs. However, I hope that surgery is not required.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)