CT scan showed mild frontal brain atrophy. Have heart arrythmias and hiatal hernia. Suggest?

Oncologist
Question
CT scan showed mild frontal brain atrophy. I am 44 y/o female.
Heart arrythmias (non life threatening) recently diagnosed with hiatal hernia
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
This does not look serious

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query. Mild brain atrophy is found in many individuals at this age if CT or MRI scan is performed. This is because of shrinking of brain cells with time. I need to know the reason why this was done. Did you have any symptoms pertaining to the brain?
If not, then nothing needs to be done for this. This has got nothing to do with heart arrythmias or hiatal hernia.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.

Follow-up: CT scan showed mild frontal brain atrophy. Have heart arrythmias and hiatal hernia. Suggest? 21 hours later
Had the CT done for flushing feeling that starts in the stomach. Been diagosed with hernia vcausing the symptom. Would you recommend MRI...i am scheduled for one and am very nervous now.

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 13 minutes later
Ok, but I don't think MRI is required for this. Still, as your doc has recommended it, just go through it. I am reasonably sure that it would be normal.