CT scan showed incidental adrenal adenomas. Experienced sleeping disorder. Will dehydration have an effect on tumor?

From the time my colonoscopy was scheduled till now I had a CT scan discover that i have 2 incidental adrenal adenomas. One on the surface of the adrenal cortex and one in the adrenal medulla. Over the past week i have experienced a sleeping disorder. After about 4-5 hours every night my body wakes me up thirsty and wanting to eat something sweet. My blood sugar levels are fine, so my assumption is that this is a symptom of the tumors effecting hormone production and sugar levels. My question is : should I put my body through the preparation needed for a colonoscopy by drinking the solution that cleanses your colon? Will the dehydration interact with the effect of the tumors and cause a reaction? I have not seen an Endocrinologist yet. Please advise. Thanks
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cleansing agent can cause dyselectrolytemia

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

I don't know whether your adrenal adenoma is functional or non functional. If it is non functional then no need to worry. If you have been diagnosed Conn's syndrome I mean if ti is functional then cleansing agent can cause dyselectrolytemia. So you should discuss with your and get fully evaluated for adenoma first to see whether there is any hormonal excess or not then only you should go for colonoscopy preparation

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.