CT scan showed enlarged spleen. Having low HB levels. What treatment should be done?

Hi there,

During the CT scan , i found that my wife has ENLARGED SPLEEN problem .

the reason for the CT (computerized Tomography) scan of the abdomen is Low HB level at 6..
the size of the spleen that is measured as three times of its normal size..

I know low HB level can cause serious complication in future pregnancy..could you please advice regarding the treatment options?

Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 24 hours later

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic.

Splenomegaly and low haemoglobin can be due to liver disease or a haematological (blood related) disorder.

Your wife needs a through clinical examination, various blood tests, endoscopy and probably a good physician to plan for a further evaluation.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal