CT scan report suggests mild atrophy in pancreas and spleen appear homogeneous. What does it indicate?

my husband recentyly had a ct scan that state he has mild atrophy in his pancrea and his liver and spleen appeAR homogenous whAT DOES THISMEAN
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Let me explain each component of your query for you, so you better understand each part.

1. "Atrophy of pancreas": This indicates a damaged pancreas resulting in decreased or complete loss of function of pancreas; there will usually be some factor present that is causing a partial or complete wasting away of your husband's pancreas. The causes for this could be numerous. Some of them are: alcohol abuse, stress, malnourishment, etc. The atrophy could result in diabetes.
Advise: Increase the intake of proteins, do not starve, and find the cause to the atrophy (eg. alcohol) and discontinue or remove
2. "Homogenous appearance of the liver":This means that your husband's liver is perfectly normal (i.e. no abnormalities seen or noted)
3. "Homogenous spleen": This indicates a normal spleen

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me if you have any further clarifications. I would be happy to help.

Best wishes.