CT scan of kidney showed hypodense lesion in lower pole. Should I be worried?

Jul 2016

7 mm hypodense lower pole renal lesion was found on my left kidney via CT scan. Is this something to worry about ?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 28 minutes later

Your C.T scan revealed 7mm hypodense lesion in lower pole of left kidney.

Hypo dense shadows in the kidney are suggestive of malignant tumours. Do not worry since the tumour is very small can be cured completely by doing a surgery of Lower Pole Partial Nephrectomy. The diagnosis can be confirmed only after further evaluation and investigations.

Please consult a qualified Urologist or Oncologist for evaluation and further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.