CT scan done. What does glass nodule and mai infection mean? Is it serious?

Repeat ct scan done ..please tell me what this ground glass nodule is ? Cancer? and what mai infection? I am concerned please read ct scan i am sending . I got report from endocrinlogist . Is this serious ?
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Chest diseases, working with an experienced Pulmonologist. I answer on his behalf.

Need not worry, the ground glass nodule noted in the lung is not serious. It could be a lesion due to infection and for the good it is getting resolved now.

Also the nodule in the gland is normal. Adenomas like one are always formed and resolved during the process of hormone production.

Hope, I answered your query.