COPD, difficulty breathing, pulse rate 119, Sp O2 is 92%. Treatment ?

I have copd and today for some reason it is harder to breath and my prbpm is 119 and my sp0s% is 92 - is my pulse to high and should I go to mt doctor
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

A pulse rate of 119 is definitely high and cannot be ignored. The rise in the pulse rate can be due to the medicines that you are taking like ventolin or secondary to infections. Having difficulty in breathing at spo2 92% is also not expected. It indicates lung infection-may be indicative of acute exacerbation of COPD.

Other possible causes as anxiety or certain cardiac conditions (which is least likely).

My advise is that you should consult your physician for evaluation and proper treatment. Perhaps a course of antibiotics will be required.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.