CK level 262. Suggestions?

Dec 2012

my ck level is high (262) -- how do I reduce it
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Increased CK is predominantly used to diagnose neuromuscular diseases and acute myocardial infarction. Neuromusculoar disorders include myopathies, muscular dystrophy, rhabdomyolysis, drug-incuded myopathies, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, malignant hyperthermia and periodic paralyses. It could also be elevated after strenous exercise, intramuscular injection and with renal diseases.
Because, the major source of CK is myocardium (heart muscle), an elevated CK level reflects myocardial injury including heart attack, myocarditis, cardiac trauma etc.
I believe, your doctor is better placed to determine the reason for asking the test and will be best to know how to manage your condition. High CK is not directly treated, but the condition causing the elevation should be treated.
From you medical history, I can see that you are already treated for heart diseaes and diabetes. Please do talk to your doctor about the significance of the high CK with respect to your own case.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah