CBP as 7 haemoglobin and blood smear says anisocytosis normalcytic hypo chromic blood. Meaning?

Question
I got my CBP as 7 haemoglobin and blood smear says anisocytosis normalcytic hypo chromic blood picture is it XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Guru 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not XXXXXXX but treatment is needed

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Your blood report does not seem to be XXXXXXX but treatment is needed.
Anisocytosis in your report indicates variation in the size of red blood cells, hypochromic indicates low hemoglobin which are . It is not very bad. But the most commonly caused by menstrual irregularities, gastrointestinal bleeding(due to hemorrhoids, peptic ulcer etc). I suggest you to get confirmation of diagnosis which is characterized by decreased serum ferritin and iron with increased transferrin. After confirmation, treatment is needed accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: CBP as 7 haemoglobin and blood smear says anisocytosis normalcytic hypo chromic blood. Meaning? 39 minutes later
Decreased serum ferritin and iron .. Does it require any specific tests to be made

Answered by Dr. Guru 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clarification

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up.

Yes it requires a small blood test to be done.

Wish you good health.