CBC test done. Worried for low absolute lymphocyte

Had a cbc test last week worried about low absolute lymphocyte. Do I need to worry
WBC. 4.41 ul
RBC. 4.90 ul
HGB. 14.5 g/dl
HCT. 43.4%
LYMPH # 0.87 103/ul
LyMPH % 19.7
NEUT # 2.97 103/ul
NEUT % 67.4
PLT. 174
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for asking a query on health care magic but I would like a few more clarifications before I can answer your question.
1) The CBC report you have mentioned doesn't have units to the measurement in PLT, please specify.
2) Please specify what you mean by "snb" and "lpevty" that you had two weeks ago.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Follow-up: CBC test done. Worried for low absolute lymphocyte 1 hour later
Snb is sentinnel node biopsy and lumpectomy for breast cancer. These were performed about two weeks before cbc test
PLT is Platelets 174 103/ul
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 19 hours later
sorry for the delay as there was some technical problem from myside.
I have gone through your whole report in detail and also the clarifications that you have given.
Your most of the report is normal and you are right in pointing that your absolute lymphocyte count is low. The normal count is considered to be from 1500 to 4000 per mic lit. Yours is 850.
Now there could be lot many reasons for this lymphocytopenia of which few are scary and a few are transient and simple to consider.
Hearing your account its very common to have this lymphocyte drop after
1. Suregry minor or major
2. Stress associated with surgery.
A single report of low kymphocyte count should not make you bothered. It most Probably be transient. Just wait for a week or so and redo the test. Most Probably the results will come normal.
Untill then you can do some relaxation exercises probably yoga or meditation.
Transient causes of lymphocytopenia are much more common than the serious ones.
Hope I am able to serve you .
If you have Ny further query do let me know.
Thanks and regards.
Dr Srikanth Reddy M.D.